Monday, February 9, 2009

Book Sixteen

Patricia Cornwell
SCARPETTA
G.P. Putnam's Sons (2008)

"The mental state of the madman, indeed, may be described as a walking and disordered dream." - Montagu Lomax

I used to love Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta series ... can actually remember anxiously awaiting the publication of her next title. Based on that old memory, I splurged and purchased this book, full price and in hard cover.

Lesson learnt ... not worth the $24.99 ... I couldn't help but think of all the other things I could have done with that money as I reading a book that was so true to formula that I had figured out the plot and twist before I'd reach the quarter-mark of the novel.

For me, Patricia Cornwell, hit her peak with Body Farm ... and since then, her Scarpetta books have just been pale imitations ....

No comments: